So autumn is well and truly here, and there are a LOT of reasons to love the change of seasons! Not only does it look absolutely beautiful outside with all the autumnal (how many times have you heard this word?!) leaves but Christmas is near and there are general good vibes! Not to mention the autumnal style menu changes that reflect the delicious seasonal fabulousness now available, I’ve never tried it but I know a lot of you love Pumpkin Spiced Lattes, to be honest there seems to be pumpkin-flavoured everything around this season (lattes, pies, beer, you name it!) haha. And let’s not forget perhaps the best part of all: the influx of new fashion trends! To be honest I tend to hate the word ‘trend’ as it suggests that everyone should follow each other HOWEVER what I do like about the term is that you can take a ‘trend’ and make it your own! So with that being said, this post is here to be an inspiration for your autumnal (there’s that word again) style! I think I’m more of a summer person but I know that so many people love love love winter style and that it is their first love over summer! Either way we all have items that we have to wait a whole summer just to be able to wear these otherwise, we’d be seriously and literally be sweating in our boots!
As it’s finally November, we’ve broken out the booties (as in winter boots haha) and started seeing more and more scarves in shop windows, autumn is apparent every way we look. And while shopping for fabulous fur coats and supremely soft sweaters brings great joy to any fashion lover, sometimes we forget that apparel trends are not the only items we should be set on styling and that, in fact, accessories play a huge role in an ensemble.
With that said, there are a lot of fresh accessories on the scene this season, like bold jewellery and bedazzled beanies, to name a few. I’ve compiled five bag trends that could make their way to the top of your must-have or Christmas list by the time this post is done!
1. Little LuggageOMG I love these! A modern take on the way we view luggage, cute and boxy purses found their way onto the catwalk this year. Fashionisers reported quite a few shows that presented these suitcase-turned-handbags, such as Louis Vuitton, Alexander McQueen, and Marc by Marc Jacobs. Whether leather, hard-cased, or embellished, there are big and small options for any woman who wants to give this trend a try. I never had any qualms in carrying literal-little-luggage on a normal day so I seriously love that these are becoming an actual thing haha.
2. Fearless FringeHolding on steady to the strong ‘70s trend we’ve seen so far this fall, fringe is a large component to the success of the throwback style. In fact, if you don’t already have a fringe bag, it’s time to get to the store and find one that suits your fancy! Popsugar shows us fringe galore at Rebecca Minkoff and a more reserved, tassles-only style at Tory Burch, you know how much I love Tory Burch, check out my last #FashionFriday.
3. Chic RucksackYou’re mistaken if you think rucksacks are solely for school. These convenient carry-alls have strutted from one end of the style scene to the other. What was once a student must-have is now a coveted staple, as reported by Hollywood Life. You can recreate high fashion looks with similar-styled sacks. Lyst makes it easy to scope out splurges versus steals, showing a large variety of designers for every non-celebrity budget.
4. Bucket BagCoined as the “it bag” by ELLE, the bucket bag will forever hold one of the most effortlessly stylish spots on the fashion scene. There’s just something about its depth that makes you want to bring your planner, iPad, notebook, and another notebook, just in case. After all, you'll have the room for it. A bottomless bag that doesn’t scream Mary Poppins is a win in anyone’s book, and that’s why the slouchy but chic staple is still a top pick among style-setters worldwide.
5. Faux Fur PurseWhen winter rolls ‘round, it’s easy to reach for furry-everythanggg as we look for extra warmth and cosiness. Luckily for us, everything can be covered (or at least trimmed!) with faux fur, because the texture is one of the hottest trends this season. Live out your warm, fuzzy and cosy dreams with a furry handbag. PurseBlog showed us that even Fendi’s not afraid to stray from its comfort zone – be inspired!